Sunday, April 13, 2008

Earth Day Hoop Matsuri

Just when I thought no good could come of today's gloomy Tokyo weather I was hit by an intensely inspirational whirlwind which launched many new projects out into the universe some of which I will tell you about later (very exciting though my hoop site is almost done!!) The most colorful new project I am calling the Earth Day Hoop Matsuri.

Inspired by the Color Parade in Sydney, the crowds of performers and hemp beer swillers at last year's Earth Day Tokyo and today's dismal weather I decided that we should be sharing as much color and light with Tokyo as we can - it needs it!

Name: Earth Day Hoop Matsuri
A Colorful Procession
Host: Hoop Lovers (Deanne)
Type: Causes - Rally

Time and Place
Date: Sunday, April 20, 2008
Time: 1:00pm - 7:00pm
Location: Earth Day Tokyo
Street: Harajuku Station to Yoyogi Park
City/Town: Tokyo, Japan

Let's share some color and love with Tokyo by parading our vibrance through the streets to arrive at Yoyogi Park for Japan's biggest Earth Day gathering on Sunday April 20.

Where: Meet at the Harajuku Girl's hang out near Harajuku Station.

Costume: Wear your finest, brightest, most colorful creations!! We will take our hoops and other play things in a matsuri style precession to the Earth Event find ourselves a spot in the action and show off our inner child in celebration for our gorgeous Earth.
(OR drink lots of hemp beer and take in the aromas of undeoderized armpits!)

Don't worry if you cannot hoop, today will be the time to learn and get your groove on!! All other play things, pets and puppets welcome.

(The sun did not show us any love today so you had better all be praying for it on Sunday 20th)
IF IT RAINS THIS EVENT WILL BE CANCELED via facebook on the morning of.

SO DUST OF THOSE WIGS, DIG OUT THOSE PLATFORMS - IT IS SHOWTIME!

Some photos from Nick Coppins to give you a little inspiration and food for thought! I may even wear my pink wig...and you know what kind of havoc that creates!!!





If you are in Tokyo next weekend and the sun is shining I will see you there!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Ohhhh! I want to be there! I hope I can make it! Sounds like so much fun!

13/4/08 10:39 PM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

I really hoop ;) you can make it!

13/4/08 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sad that I can't be there! It makes me want to hop a plane right now to be part of the colorful, peaceful, riot!

Take loads of photos and video for all of us who can't be there so we can live vicariously! :)

14/4/08 1:50 AM  
Blogger leila marie said...

Can't seem to RSVP via facebook so I decided to do it here instead!
Looking forward to it!

15/4/08 10:19 AM  
Blogger i heart japan said...

Hi!! I just wanted to say thanks for the hooptacular fun yesterday! I definitely want to give it a try again soon!! Looking forward to the next hooping event!

21/4/08 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home