Monday, January 07, 2008

I am 31!


Uh huh, I popped out on this day 31 years ago. To celebrate this monumental gala I am doing absolutely nothing but wallow in unrestrained relaxation and contentment that I have come so far in such fine form (hear the sounds of my own trumpets a tootin'!)
Naturally I would not be half the woman that I am now if it weren't for my outstandingly supportive mama, sister, nan and gran. Thank you for loving me the way you do, it gives me shivers. Thank you, I love you!
Every moment of everyday I can truly be me because of the love and support I am constantly surrounded by from the boy I love with all of my heart, soul and omph. It is the most earth-shattering feeling to have someone who is totally on your side all of the time. I love you the most forever!
My life is spilling over with an abundance of rockin' individuals. Huggable friends, inspirational friends, supportive, enlightening, enchanting, nurturing, dynamic, stimulating, eloquent and propelling friends. Friends that have shaped me in the past and friends that continue to share their pure force with me. Thank you!
Huge hugs to everyone for the beautiful wishes and the sweet presents!
Everyone deserves treats on their birthday so last night I made a scrumptious recipe from the priceless book Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, Donut Holes.



ps Finding dates in Tokyo is like finding a pot o gold at the end of the rainbow. Any suggestions so very welcome!
UPDATE: I mean these kind of dates, not these kind of dates! :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro said...

Hi!! happy birthday!!! you look much more less than 31!
when you say "finding a date" is to search for going out with somebody etc?
If that is what is difficult for you..so I don´t undestand anything else in the world!!

kissies

7/1/08 11:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I really can't believe you're 31 but that's a good thing because you can look young but have the experience and hopefully lots of wisdom that comes with it.

Dates in Tokyo... if you're talking about the fruit (ha), try an area of town where a lot of middle-eastern or muslim people live. I don't know where that would be, but maybe around Roppongi. When I was walking to the Chinese embassy (I think Asahi Street in Roppongi) I saw a big Persian food store that would be almost guaranteed to have dates. I have never been inside a Persian food store that doesn't have figs or dates. Good Luck!!

8/1/08 3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very happy 31st to you!! I feel honored to be mentioned among your friends and such lovely bloggers. I hope your day is fun filled, and celebrated to the fullest!

Wishes for a great 31st year!

8/1/08 4:03 AM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

Aimee, thank you sweet pea! 31st is the new 21st, a hooptastic year ahead! Thanks for your sweetness.

Julie thank you, thank you...yes of course I am talking about the fruits (although a date with you sometime would be fabulous!) Thank you a million for your wishes and especially for the Persian tip off. A friend told me about a Turkish store in Shinjuku too. I can buy tiny 100g packs of them @ 205yen a pack just seems like a lot of extra packaging and expense. So I am on a mission! Thanks again.

ha ha ha ha lalo you are too funny...NO I mean dates that grow on trees. I use them a lot in recipes but they are hard to find in Tokyo in big quantities.
I go on dates every night with Masao and my beautiful friends here. ;) THANK YOU for your kind wishes and words.

8/1/08 8:45 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Deanne! I do hope you had a delightful day!

You certainly do not look 31...lucky thing!

8/1/08 9:56 AM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

Thanks Miss Blossom. Good lighting, good food...tricks of the trade.

Happy New Year and congratulations on the big and wonderful plans you have for 2008...very exciting!

8/1/08 10:26 AM  
Blogger Sigsy said...

Another lovely post. Shining it's techno rays on me.

Out of interest - how raw are you? I see from your posts that you aften refer to raw cuisine and vegan shenanegans. What's your food story?
One of my goals is 50% raw for 2008. Doing well so far and that is a realistic target for me.
How about your food routine. I love food. Bring on the food post!

10/1/08 12:09 AM  
Blogger leila marie said...

Stimulating!
I'm the stimulating one!
how exciting!
it's only cause you bought me the buzzing little ring from England.
YOU know what I'm talkin about. It's the gift that keeps on givin' (wink wink nudge nudge)
you're awesome!
Happy Belated lovey! I soo would have commented sooner if I wasn't lost in the Disney abyss.
here's to a rockin new year!

10/1/08 12:48 AM  
Blogger Sigsy said...

Hope you enjoyed the Raw Food Pot Luck evening!
I couldn't make it and we get not to break the spell of our elusive dance.
Have a great long weekend.
S

13/1/08 12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check http://myso-calledjapaneselife.blogspot.com

do a search for forbidden dates

good luck finding them!

14/1/08 10:05 PM  
Blogger SabineM said...

Happy Belated birthday! Great post!
I have to laugh because I read the whole thing including the question on the dates and I THOUGHT" WHAT? They didn't break up! No!" So I went back and re-read and then I realized you meant dates that you can buy at the store! ;-) ;-) hee hee

15/1/08 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home