Sunday, August 26, 2007

**SIGH**

Hear that? It is the sound of an intensely long and drawn out guttural sigh coming deep from within me! Why? A lot of reasons really, but mostly because tonight marks the official closing of my lazy Summer vacation from full-time work. Never fear, the moaning and groaning is not going on in a negative sense, it is more like a physical expulsion of my dirty summer habits. 3am bedtimes, sleeping til 10, moseying around gingerly until the espresso gets into my veins and brain, hour long getting ready sessions, extended shopping expeditions and lots of ice cream.

Tomorrow morn, a Monday morning in Tokyo will be a jolt to my system for sure but I am ready for it (or so I am convincing myself). I don't often do well with lots of time on my hands. I am at my best when kept busy, so it is time to exfoliate the lazing and lounging and get my ass on that express train by 7:22am tomorrow.

Anyone who knows me well enough will know that I don't like to go to bed early, my Mum would go so far as to call me a Night Owl. What I am even less good at is "Mornings". You know the old Snoopy coffee mugs with the inscription "I'm allergic to morning" with poor old Snoop draped over his dog house, I feel a mighty strong connection to that mug (and have been bidding furiously on Ebay to nab a vintage version).

As much as I hate to think about all the good quality internet roving hours I will miss tonight by going to bed early, I have made a promise with myself that I will be in close proximity to my futon and comfy pillow by 10:30 (EEEK) a whole 4 hours before my usual bedtime. Early to bed, early to rise makes a woman healthy, wealthy and wise!! I am going to try it, let you know how I go!

Sweet dreams!
xx

I leave you with some pictures that we took in Ibiza last year. The people in Ibiza don't have to sleep if they don't want to, and as a general rule they rarely do!


the romans

dancers amnesia ibiza

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure,sure..I know how long that will last.
Love xxxooo M

27/8/07 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home