Saturday, August 11, 2007

My mum is a Geisha




I had blindly dismissed the Katsura Studio as a load of touristy garbage.
How wrong I was!
Having seen adds for the Geisha transformation and photos of friends I had never thought seriously about the process of turning an everyday tourist into a fine Japanese princess.

Simply fascinating!

While mum was being taken care of by the super friendly, highly skilled and professional staff at the Katsura Studio in the backstreets of Harajuku, I scanned the walls of Geisha pics. Falling even more in love with the place when I spied a photo of Dita Von Teese as a Geisha.

I wanted so badly to play with the makeup in the fully stocked studio. I wanted to fondle the fabrics and try every one of the stunning wigs!

becoming a Geisha for a day is definitely a worthwhile and exciting experience for any one interested in make up artistry, Japanese arts or fancy cosplay.

I so badly wanted to be painted and pampered, alas I did not inherit the ways of the Geisha.

And while mum was being made up, Masao and Mark made a new friend!


and played a little...

2 Comments:

Blogger SabineM said...

wow the Geisha thing is AWESOME
where is it in TOkyo?
It looks like I might be coming to Japan with my husband in December. Would love to do something like that.
Last time I was a Geisha was when i was 13, my best friend was Keiko and we dressed up like Geisha's for a Halloween Party. I don't think we did the full make up!
Can you email me the place that you went to? and any other ideas you might have for me to see?
malina1994@yahoo.com
Arigato!

13/8/07 12:30 AM  
Blogger gilda said...

haha! that was brilliant. she looked amazing. i dressed up as a geisha once too, when i was in kyoto. unfortunately my friend LOST HER CAMERA and i thought i would die when i found out that i wouldn't have pictures of the entire experience!!

14/8/07 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home