Monday, July 24, 2006

i love tokyo but i am glad to go (for a while)

Coming back to a dank and dreary city after six days of the most intense rainfall I or for that matter, Nigata has experienced did not make for high spirits. As the skyscrappers and smog came into view I felt the slightest pang of something. Perhaps it was excitment, perhaps relief but it certainly wasn't the once felt rush of eagerness to get my claws into Tokyo.
With my mind on other things and other places my passion for this city has been put out by the endless rain, the need to buy a $A 500 dehumidifier to keep the wet away and stop the mould from growing and my current lack of lustre for all things ridiculous (like this calorie off aloe vera chu hi - 4% alcohol but only half the calories....I had to buy it for a photo op. Taste review: A mixed taste much like cat's piss and alkaseltzer)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a bit over Tokyo at the moment too. I think it's the rain... when is it going to stop?

24/7/06 6:38 PM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

Welcome back! Have been meaning to email you...enough I'll do it now!

24/7/06 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems everyone is either going to escape out of tokyo soon, or is coming back and not feeling the usual bliss of coming home. When do you fly out again? I am going home for 10 days on Sunday, will be glad to go somewhere where i can see the stars at night and where the days aren't so grey and yuck.

25/7/06 3:39 PM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

ah stars...
safe travels, an aussie adventure would be bliss right now
wandering home from a last minute shop tonight Masao said to me "We haven't seen the sun for a long time huh?!"
"Yeer," I replied sadly.
"I guess this is what it is like living in London", he said.
Perhaps??
We leave on Monday - I bloody hope London is not like this...
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!
Take it easy down under

25/7/06 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home