Saturday, April 01, 2006

tokyo decadance vol 6


Cosplay (costume play, dress ups) is at it's best right here in Tokyo. So when I spotted a flyer at my yoga studio for a cosplay dance party I knew it was an opportunity not to be missed...

I was right!
Tokyo Decadance Vol 6 was held last night at La Fabrique in Shibuya.
Countless hours costume shopping and day dreaming about what it would be like had not prepared us for this...

The performers stunned and amazed...

and the crowd wowed us with their wild ways

So what did we wear???

Leila wore a get up so smoldering that it got her hoisted up onto stage in no time, where she dazzled the club with her moves...

Akiko was cute as cherry pie with her pin up inspired cos. Many were eager for a taste...

I decided to go a little bit Priscilla Queen of the desert, inspired by Lizzie Gardners designs I made a nude playing card dress. One girl loved it so much she insisted on giving me a kiss straight on the lips to show her appreciation (don't worry mum it was all show for the camera)

A superbly silly night! Good clean fun!

Thanks again to me ladies! Hope Thailand is treating you well...see you in a bit

More photos HERE

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe what an awesome night we had D. Thailand just wasn't the same without you. I won't leave the country without you next time. In the interim I'll be counting down the days till the next Tokyo Decadance!

10/4/06 11:47 PM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

The next one will be Volume 7...my lucky number! Designing the costume now. Do you think those Armani dudes you hooked up with in Thailand could whip us up some special costumes? You do have a gold card don't you?

11/4/06 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos, love your site... you seem to be having a great time over there...! Maybe I will have to add Tokyo to next year's around-the-world adventure.

How long are you in Japan for?

18/4/06 4:15 PM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

thanks jungle jamie - have been checking out your site too, it's a beauty...what an amazing adventure your life is!

Tokyo is my home now...I don't have any plans to move away soon...you really must come on over! I will be sure to keep myself up to date on your travel plans - Tokyo would love to have you!

18/4/06 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, shall definitely keep it in mind. I nearly went to Japan last year, but ended up going to India instead, so I'll put Tokyo on the short-list for 2007.

Look forward to your updates, too. they're so bright and colourful xx

20/4/06 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home