Sunday, February 19, 2006

yahoo i love george



For the longest time I have been meaning to boycott yahoo. There is no oveewhelming reason to do so, except for the fact that everytime I type in yahoo.com, the menu page comes up and I am confronted with some ridiculous celeb goss. I will admit that sometimes I am sucked in, but generally speaking I don't give a fuck about what Jen, Brad, Carmen, Paris or any of those crazy nobody/ somebodys are doing, marrying or abusing. So for that I have been wanting to give Yahoo the flick.
But today I found this...

"The adventures of Curious George, the inquisitive little guy with an insatiable taste for adventure. George's spunky and fun-loving nature endears him to new friends, but also lands him in a series of (mis-)adventures. Featuring the voice talents of Eugene Levy, Drew Barrymore, and Will Ferrell as the Man in the Yellow Hat."

Curious George by H. A. Rey (Hans Augusto and his wife Margret - the books were published in a time when a man's name on the cover was more accepted than a woman's) , is in my opinion, one of the coolest and most timeless children's series. I particularly love the book where George ends up in hospital and gets stuck into the ether, the nurses fix him up with a good cold shower. (Curious George goes to hospital was actually created at the request of Boston Children's Hospital, who wanted a book to prepare children for a hospital stay. {and the joys of accidental drug abuse??} ) I think the thing I love most about the series is that it is not always 'PC' but who cares when you get to ride the streets on top of a double decker bus with a naughty monkey?!

Curious George, first published way back in 1941, had finally been picked up by universal.
With an original Jack Johnson soundtrack and voices by Will Ferrell and Drew Barrymore.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home