Sunday, February 26, 2006

frankie from kel




"Hello." Peering around the corner into the apartment. "Hello?"
"Hey Kel it's Deanne"
"Oh where are you"

"Standing in your genkan, where are you?"

"Ah ha ha, didn't I lock the front door?? I thought I did, oh well anyway we are just at the supermarket, make yourself at home, we will be home in about 5 minutes"

"Ok I'll just be here with the robbers"
I was instantly at home when I discovered a copy of a recently released, obviously Aussie mag on Kel's dinning table.
Frankie describe themselves as 'wordly, funny, easily digested and inspirational.' Can't say that I disagree with that at all. It is far from the stereotypical trash, that is often no more than an act of environmental devastation. Frankie has it going on in so many ways. Issue #9 has no hint of waif dorky models, the fashion in this edition worn by plastic dolls, the kind that you might find in the top of a cake or in one of those gorgeous toilet roll covers that only a nanna can knit.
triple j had this to say about frankie


thanks kel!
ps we can subscribe...the asia/pac 1 year subscription is $81.65 AU (chotto ouch - but probably worth it for a good aussie read)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is fab, ne? I discovered it when back in Aus at Christmas. Hooray for non-stupid girly mags :)

26/2/06 2:18 PM  
Blogger TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

yep i was pretty impressed...a nice, no frills, funny read - a girls mag that doesnt make me puke!

26/2/06 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home